I took the clamps off this morning and started the final assembly. I installed the pickups, finished the wiring, installed the pickguard and trussrod cover, installed the strap locks (Dunlop is my jam), and strung it up.
There are a few things left to do, I need some screws for the back plates, and the knobs don’t fit my pots unfortunately.
Overall I’m happy with the result, and it was a lot of fun getting here.
It looks pretty good. Now for the bad parts…
The kit was supposed to be ready to go, but I had to do some surgery on the neck. Apparently, I didn’t do enough surgery
I think the angle is too steep because the bridge is WAY high.
I’ll have to remove the neck to fix this, and it’s gonna be a giant pain in the ass. Not looking forward to this.
Also, I think I have a bad ground connection or something because o have a HORRIFIC buzz when it’s plugged into the amp. I’m not sure what kind of pickups are in it. I assumed they are humbuckers by the size and shape, but they only seem to have 1 set of magnets.
Soo… Looks like I’m gonna chase a wiring problem.