I called a couple people hipsters and they got mad at me. They like to be called conjoined twins instead.
Such a good song
I painted the body today. I wanted to make it blue using a dye, but it didn’t work out good with the mahogany body. So back to my fallback plan: cherry red lacqUer left over from the Less Paul.
I also applied some tung oil finish, which I really really like. It’s easier to apply than wipe on polyurethane, and it looks better.
It’s time to put the logo on the Teenycaster headstock. I put a couple coats of tung oil on the neck and let it sit overnight.
I downloaded a font named Strato that mimics the Fender script logo and fired up Photoshop. I used the Calibri font for the TEENYCASTER part. This is what I came up with.
Print that out a billion times on waterslide paper and I’m good to go.
The end result looks great!
I filled the grain on the Teenycaster neck and body today. I used the stewmac mahogany colored grain filler. I’m going to leave the neck natural color and dye the body blue. I’m going to finish the neck and body with Tung Oil.
These guys are sooo good.
This is a cool song